Colourful carnivals - are you in these photos from the 1970s to 1990s?
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever got all dressed up to ride on a carnival float?
These traditional events have been a summer highlight for many people over the years.
Today we're looking back at carnival fun around Suffolk and north Essex from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.
Our gallery includes photos from Sudbury Carnival, which was originally due to take place on August 8 this year but was cancelled due to Covid-19.
The colourful event was resurrected a few years ago after a break of more than 20 years.
Also featured are photos Colchester Carnival, which has been running for many years and is planning a return in 2022.
You may also want to watch:
And there are memories of Saxmundham Carnival in the 1980s and 1990s.
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 2 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 3 Suffolk actress Ruthie Henshall leads care home protest to Downing Street
- 4 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 5 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 Have you seen Percy the missing dog?
- 8 Meet inspiring Posie, one - still smiling despite losing a leg to rare condition
- 9 7 great events being held in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 The show will go on! Sudbury Stagecoach saved after venue lost