Colourful carnivals - are you in these photos from the 1970s to 1990s?
- Credit: Archant
Have you ever got all dressed up to ride on a carnival float?
These traditional events have been a summer highlight for many people over the years.
Today we're looking back at carnival fun around Suffolk and north Essex from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.
Our gallery includes photos from Sudbury Carnival, which was originally due to take place on August 8 this year but was cancelled due to Covid-19.
The colourful event was resurrected a few years ago after a break of more than 20 years.
Also featured are photos Colchester Carnival, which has been running for many years and is planning a return in 2022.
And there are memories of Saxmundham Carnival in the 1980s and 1990s.
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 4 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 5 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 6 Husband's tribute to passionate Town fan Joy Hood
- 7 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 8 Nearly 30% drop in Suffolk dentists taking NHS work
- 9 Nurseries, pre-schools and primaries see Covid rate rises
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?