Nostalgia: Did you ever attend a Suffolk festival of sport?
- Credit: Owen Hines
The Olympic Games may have come to a dramatic close on Sunday – but how could we forget some of Suffolk's festivals of sport?
The sporting games were held each year around the county, giving some of Suffolk's youngsters and veterans alike the chance to try a variety of sports while learning what local clubs had to offer.
Popular sports included football, fencing and kickboxing – and even included the exhilarating motoball, a game of football on motorcycles.
Among some of the biggest events was the Ipswich Festival of Sport in 1978 – the same year Town fans went crazy with the club's historic FA Cup win.
Other events on the sporting calendar included sporting festivals in Sudbury and Bury St Edmunds, as well as over the border in Mistley.
You may also want to watch:
All eyes now turn to the Paralympic Games, starting in Tokyo on Tuesday, August 24.
If you would like to order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 2 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 3 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 4 Suffolk actress Ruthie Henshall leads care home protest to Downing Street
- 5 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 Have you seen Percy the missing dog?
- 8 Meet inspiring Posie, one - still smiling despite losing a leg to rare condition
- 9 7 great events being held in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 The show will go on! Sudbury Stagecoach saved after venue lost