Historic pub in idyllic village set to go under the hammer at auction
- Credit: Auction House East Anglia
An historic country pub located in an idyllic Suffolk village is set to go under the hammer.
The Plough Inn in Hundon, near Clare, is up for auction with a guide price of £595,000 plus fees.
The pub also benefits from seven letting rooms and a private flat, but is in need of modernisation.
According to Suffolk CAMRA, The Plough Inn is described as a "great place" for eating and drinking with regular quizzes, steak and fish night and other special events.
Inside the pub on the ground floor there are two main bars and two dining areas which has room for more than 100 covers.
On the first floor you will find the letting rooms and private flat.
Auction House East Anglia described the pub as an "exceptional investment opportunity" to acquire a trading public house with ensuite letting rooms.
- 1 Man jailed for trying to cash fake cheque for £3,600
- 2 Deliberate dog poisoning in west Suffolk 'disgusting and wicked'
- 3 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 5 fantastic Suffolk pubs that have reopened with new landlords in 2022
- 6 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 7 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 8 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 9 Shopper has purse stolen from trolley in west Suffolk store
- 10 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
The pub also benefits from a terrace to the front and the rear, a large beer garden at the back and ample parking.
The historic pub will be auctioned with Auction House East Anglia on Wednesday, June 15.