11 parks across Suffolk win Green Flag award
- Credit: East Suffolk Council
A number of Suffolk parks and nature reserves have been awarded a Green Flag award.
Alton Water, the Abbey Gardens and Felixstowe Seafront Gardens are among the 11 parks and green spaces in Suffolk to have been recognised by the awards.
The awards which is run by the environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy unveiled the 2,127 winning parks across the UK with 11 of those being in Suffolk.
The Green Flag Awards have been running since 1996, and recognise the "hard work of managers, staff and volunteers" who manage green spaces.
The 11 parks awarded the Green Flag award are:
You may also want to watch:
- Bourne Park
- Christchurch Park
- Felixstowe Seafront Gardens
- Alton Water
- Holywells Park
- Aspal Close
- Brandon Country Park
- East Town Park
- Nowton Park
- Abbey Gardens
- West Stow Country Park and Anglo Saxon Village
- 1 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 2 WATCH: Two unarmed police officers tackle man with shotgun
- 3 JCB digger stolen from south Suffolk building site
- 4 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 Future still unclear for sports centre despite reopening plans
- 7 Sudbury road cleared after crash involving ambulance and other vehicles
- 8 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 9 11 parks across Suffolk win Green Flag award
- 10 Headteacher praises staff as Sudbury primary school rated 'good' by Ofsted