'The team goes above and beyond' - Suffolk spa scoops national award
- Credit: Danielle Alen
A Suffolk spa has received a prestigious national award, leaving the owner and members of staff "delighted".
The Gainsborough Health and Spa in Cavendish, near Sudbury, has been recognised by Tripadvisor for a 2022 Travelers' Choice award for attraction.
The award celebrates business that have received great reviews from visitors around the world on Tripadvisor over the last year.
Danielle Alen, co-owner and general manager, said: "I am delighted and so proud to announce The Gainsborough Health Club and Spa is among the winners of the Travelers Choice Awards 2022 by Tripadvisor.
"This amazing accomplishment puts us in the top 10% of properties worldwide.
"A big thank you to all our guests and members for leaving their wonderful reviews, just saying ‘'thank you' simply does not say how grateful we all are.
"And of course, nothing is achievable without a fabulous team of people behind you.
- 1 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 2 Residents 'disgusted' after furniture dumped in Suffolk playpark
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Four-day weather warning for extreme heat in Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Witches ring the changes.... two riders out, two riders in
- 6 Travellers pitch up on playing field near Sudbury
- 7 Search for missing man who planned 70-mile walk home still ongoing
- 8 Field fire breaks out in acre of land near Sudbury
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 10 Travellers pitch up near Suffolk health centre
"Every member of the team goes above and beyond every day and this amazing recognition is so well deserved.’’
Chief commercial officer at Tripadvisor, Kanika Soni, said: "The Travelers’ Choice Awards recognize the best in tourism and hospitality, according to those who matter most: your guests.
"Ranking among the Travelers’ Choice winners is always tough — but never more so than this year as we emerge from the pandemic.
"Whether it's using new technology, implementing safety measures, or hiring outstanding staff, I’m impressed by the steps you've taken to meet travelers' new demands.
"You've adapted brilliantly in the face of adversity."