BMW convertible stolen while on test drive
A convertible BMW has been stolen from a garage near the Suffolk-Essex border, after a motorist failed to return it after a test drive.
The vehicle was taken from Angus Buchanan Workshops on the A134 in Leavenheath at around 5.30pm on Friday, Suffolk police said.
The silver convertible BMW 118, registration BX10 UTG, was driven towards Nayland and the border with Essex, but the motorist did not return to the garage.
Fraser Buchanan, a partner at the garage, said the theft was very frustrating.
"They turned up and asked to test drive the BMW as that was the car they were interested in looking at," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Although it was not as valuable as a new car it still is money lost for the company."
Mr Buchanan described the thief who stole the vehicle as stocky.
- 1 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 2 AFC Sudbury v Colchester in the FA Cup to be shown live on BBC-2
- 3 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 6 Drugs, cash and weapons seized during police County Lines action week
- 7 5 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 8 'We should be making our streets safer' - debate on street light cuts
- 9 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 10 Police seek man who carried out 'lewd act' in Sudbury
Anyone with information related to the vehicle's whereabouts, or anyone who saw a silver BMW on the A134 last Friday, is urged to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 37/48789/21.