Suspected drug dealer arrested on 18th birthday
- Credit: IAN BURT
A suspected drug dealer was arrested on his 18th birthday in Bury St Edmunds after allegedly being found in possession of class A drugs.
Officers patrolling in Tollgate Lane at around 6pm on Wednesday spotted a man acting suspiciously before fleeing from police on foot.
An officer then saw the man allegedly throw an object into a nearby bush, which was subsequently found to be three large wraps of class A drugs.
The man was then arrested by police on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning, where he remains.
St Edmundsbury police then revealed on Twitter that it was the man's 18th birthday.
Police said in a tweet: "Certainly a birthday he will never forget."
- 1 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 2 8 of the best places for campervan holidays in Suffolk
- 3 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 4 'You only get one education' - student never misses day of secondary school
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Volkswagen campervan stolen from Milden property
- 7 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 8 New Babergh cab fares proposed to replace those which could 'enable discrimination'
- 9 Parts of Suffolk could be hotter than Morocco as UK set for warmest day
- 10 Horse rescued by fire crews after becoming stuck in ditch