Rapist jailed for 'horrendous' attack on teenager
- Credit: Essex Police
A man who raped a teenage girl at a block of flats in Clacton has been jailed.
Daniel Stott attacked the girl in the Boxted Avenue area of the seaside town in November 2019.
The 27-year-old was arrested the following day and charged.
Stott, of Coke Street, Harwich, pleaded guilty to two counts of rape, one count of sexual assault by penetration and one count of possession of cannabis when he appeared at Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, March 5.
He was jailed for five years in total and placed on the sex offenders' register for life.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Reuben Brame, of Essex Police, said: "These were horrendous offences and have had a lasting impact on the young woman he attacked.
"I am pleased Stott has pleaded guilty to save her the further trauma of having to give evidence in court.
- 1 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 2 Helen McCrory was 'a meteor in our life' says husband Damian Lewis
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 4 Petition launched to fight planned sale of land at Belle Vue House and former pool
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Woman, 18, hit in the face and pushed during attempted street robbery
- 7 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 8 Cannabis plants worth £100,000 seized from Suffolk house
- 9 Council forced to scrap new cab fares which 'inadvertently enable discrimination'
- 10 Warning to drinkers ahead of first weekend of pub gardens reopening
"She has shown great bravery in coming forward and speaking about what happened on that terrible day."