Man arrested after attempted armed robbery at bookmakers
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been arrested after allegedly demanding money with a suspected firearm in Suffolk
The incident happened on Wednesday at 3.15pm after a man walked into a bookmakers in Borehamgate, Sudbury.
According to police, the man was making demands for money with a weapon described as a firearm before leaving the scene.
Later, a man in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery and a weapon was recovered at the time of his arrest.
He has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains.
This incident is being linked by police to another incident that happened in King Street in Sudbury today.
A man approached a woman asking for a cigarette but she refused and the man then threatened her with what was described as a handgun before leaving the scene.
- 1 Man jailed for trying to cash fake cheque for £3,600
- 2 Deliberate dog poisoning in west Suffolk 'disgusting and wicked'
- 3 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 5 fantastic Suffolk pubs that have reopened with new landlords in 2022
- 6 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 7 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 8 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 9 Shopper has purse stolen from trolley in west Suffolk store
- 10 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
No-one was hurt in either incident and no money was taken.
Officers are not looking for anyone else in relation to these incidents.
Anyone who witnessed either incident should contact West Suffolk CID, quoting crime number 37/35190/22.