Man and teen appear in court over drugs charges
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A man and a teenager have appeared in court over alleged drug dealing offences in Sudbury and Newmarket.
Alex Woodward, 20, of Richard Burn Way, Sudbury, and a 15-year-old boy from Newmarket, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Friday.
Woodward has been charged with two counts of being concerned in the supply of cocaine, two offences of being concerned in the supply of heroin, and two further counts of possession with intent to supply class A drugs (heroin and cocaine).
The offences are alleged to have taken place in both Sudbury and Newmarket between June and November 2021.
The 15-year-old has been charged with two counts of being concerned in the supply of cocaine and heroin in Newmarket on June 27, 2021, and possessing a bottle of ammonia on the same date.
Neither defendant entered pleas at the short preliminary hearing.
Magistrates declined jurisdiction for Woodward's charges and sent his matters to the crown court.
- 1 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 2 Residents 'disgusted' after furniture dumped in Suffolk playpark
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Four-day weather warning for extreme heat in Suffolk
- 5 Travellers pitch up on playing field near Sudbury
- 6 Search for missing man who planned 70-mile walk home still ongoing
- 7 Field fire breaks out in acre of land near Sudbury
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 Ipswich Witches ring the changes.... two riders out, two riders in
- 10 Home targeted by vandals as windows smashed in west Suffolk
He was granted unconditional bail and will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on August 12.
The 15-year-old will next appear at the youth court in Ipswich on July 28, and was also granted unconditional bail.