'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- Credit: Google Maps
Two "suspicious individuals" were spotted allegedly attempting to start a fire on the roof of a primary school in Great Cornard last night.
Emergency services were called to Wells Hall Primary School in Wells Hall Road at about 3.45am today, Friday, January 21.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Officers and the fire service attended but found no disturbance on the roof.
"A very small piece of rubbish was found ignited within a bush on the school premises, which is thought to have been thrown over a fence.
"No crime of arson was recorded."
Ros Towns, headteacher at Wells Hall Primary School, said: “We can confirm there was an incident at the school in the early hours of this morning.
“Police and fire were both called and we thank them for their swift response.
- 1 Man jailed for modifying guns and trying to smuggle weapons into UK
- 2 Inquest opened into human remains found by Suffolk river
- 3 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Trio deny assaulting man and woman and will face trial
- 6 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 7 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 8 Witches 46 Wolves 44. Sensational finish at Foxhall as Ipswich win
- 9 Temporary Post Office to open in Sudbury when branch closes
- 10 Sudbury's new mayor on crime, Belle Vue Park and tourism
“There was no disruption to school today. We will be looking at extra security measures going forward.”