Cordon in place after serious sexual assault in alleyway
- Credit: Google Maps
A police cordon is in place after reports that a person was seriously sexually assaulted in an alleyway in Sudbury.
The incident happened at around 3.45am on Saturday, August 28 in an alleyway off Cornard Road, almost opposite the junction with Lucas Road.
A police investigation has been launched into the assault and specialist officers are working with the victim.
A scene remains in place at the alleyway and officers will be undertaking enquiries in the area, a police spokesman said.
Detectives hope to hear from witnesses or people who were in that area of Cornard Road between 3.30am and 4am, as well as passing motorists who may have dashcam equipment fitted in their vehicle.
Those with information are asked to contact the West Safeguarding Investigation Unit in Bury St Edmunds on 101, quoting crime reference number 47492/21.
Alternatively, information can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man in 70s taken to hospital after Sudbury collision
- 2 Police seek man who carried out 'lewd act' in Sudbury
- 3 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
- 6 WATCH: Two unarmed police officers tackle man with shotgun
- 7 JCB digger stolen from south Suffolk building site
- 8 See the faces of the criminals who were jailed in Suffolk in the last week
- 9 Number of schools with extra Covid precautions rises to 12
- 10 Sudbury road cleared after crash involving ambulance and other vehicles