Boys, 13 and 15, arrested after teenager assaulted in village
- Credit: Suffolk police
Two boys, aged 13 and 15, have been arrested after a teenager was assaulted in a village on the Suffolk and Essex border.
Police attended a park area near to Nayland Road in Bures at about 3.20pm on Sunday, July 17, following reports of an altercation between a number of individuals in the area in which a teenage male had been assaulted.
The victim was punched and kicked and suffered a head injury.
He was taken to hospital for treatment, however his injuries are not believed to be serious.
Two teenagers from the Colchester area were subsequently arrested.
A 13-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH) and possession of an offensive weapon.
He was since been released under investigation.
- 1 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 2 Residents 'disgusted' after furniture dumped in Suffolk playpark
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Four-day weather warning for extreme heat in Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Witches ring the changes.... two riders out, two riders in
- 6 Travellers pitch up on playing field near Sudbury
- 7 Search for missing man who planned 70-mile walk home still ongoing
- 8 Field fire breaks out in acre of land near Sudbury
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 10 Travellers pitch up near Suffolk health centre
A 15-year-old boy was also arrested on suspicion of ABH before being released under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sudbury Neighbourhood Response Team, quoting reference 37/45329/22.