Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- Credit: Ormiston Sudbury Academy
Staff at a Suffolk school have gone viral after they posted a dance video inspired by The Greatest Showman on TikTok.
Teachers and pupils at Ormiston Sudbury Academy danced to song "From Now On" from the hit 2017 musical film to say goodbye to Year 11 students last month.
The video quickly went viral, gaining more than 900,000 views and 88,000 likes on the school's performing arts TikTok account. Across all social media platforms, it has been seen more than one million times.
Leo Cox, the school's head of performing arts, created the account in March as a way of engaging with students and bringing light-hearted fun to the school day.
The account quickly became extremely popular amongst students, with lots of them keen to participate. Videos began to gain popularity, with one making a joke about students attempting to break school uniform policy swiftly climbing to over 130,000 views.
Mr Cox said: “We’ve had so much fun as an academy experimenting with our TikTok account, and it’s been a great way for students to get creative and work together as a team to make some brilliant videos.
"We’re also pleased that it gives family and friends a chance to see a different side to the academy day – at Ormiston Sudbury Academy, we put a really big focus on creativity and students enjoying themselves, and I’m glad these videos can show that.”
- 1 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 2 AFC Sudbury v Colchester in the FA Cup to be shown live on BBC-2
- 3 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 6 Drugs, cash and weapons seized during police County Lines action week
- 7 5 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 8 'We should be making our streets safer' - debate on street light cuts
- 9 Police seek man who carried out 'lewd act' in Sudbury
- 10 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub