Event will mark 40th anniversary of cult football film Escape to Victory
This summer marks 40 years since cult football film Escape to Victory was released in cinemas - and a special event has now been planned to celebrate the anniversary.
The film, which was released on July 30, 1981 and starred Sylvester Stallone and Michael Caine, features many Ipswich Town players of that era, including Russell Osman, John Wark, Kevin Beattie, Laurie Sivell, Kevin O'Callaghan, Robin Turner and Paul Cooper.
Now an event, in aid of the GeeWizz charity, will celebrate the film's anniversary with a star-lit dinner featuring some of the cult movie's stars.
Alan Brazil will host the event at Milsoms Kesgrave Hangar on Friday, October 29, with Ossie Ardiles, John Wark and Russell Osman.
The venue will be dressed in a war-time theme, with a vintage singer, red carpet and a montage of the film's best parts will play throughout the two-course dinner.
A question and answer session will also take place, with a chance to hear the best behind the scenes moments on the movie set and discuss a magical era for Ipswich Town FC.
Prices are £150 per person or £1,500 for a table of 10.
For more information or to book tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07920 795733.
- 1 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 2 AFC Sudbury v Colchester in the FA Cup to be shown live on BBC-2
- 3 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 6 Drugs, cash and weapons seized during police County Lines action week
- 7 'We should be making our streets safer' - debate on street light cuts
- 8 5 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 10 Police seek man who carried out 'lewd act' in Sudbury