Gas leak in Glemsford sees four people rescued from home by firefighters
Four people were rescued from a west Suffolk home by firefighters this evening after a gas leak was reported there.
Two crews, from Sudbury and Long Melford fire stations, were sent to Bells Lane in Glemsford at 8.41pm.
One of the four people inside the property was given oxygen by fire crews, who were first on the scene and evacuated the group from the house.
Paramedics arrived shortly afterwards, but it is not clear yet how many patients they treated.
Once everyone was out the house was ventilated, and fire crews left the scene shortly before 10pm.
A fire service spokesman said: “It was a gas leak, the fire service attended – they gave one person oxygen.
“There were four people inside the house and it was ventilated once everybody had got out.
“The ambulance service were also in attendance.”
The current conditions of those involved are not known at this time.
Representatives for the East of England Ambulance Service have been approached for comment.