West Suffolk Hospital records first death of Covid patient in four months
- Credit: PA
West Suffolk Hospital has recorded its first coronavirus related death in several months.
According to NHS data, one person died at the hospital on July 11.
Previously, the hospital had not recorded any Covid related deaths since March 16.
The East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust, which runs Ipswich and Colchester hospitals, has not recorded a coronavirus death since May 21.
Outside of hospitals no person had died in Suffolk within 28 days of a coronavirus test since June 2.
You may also want to watch:
West Suffolk Hospital has been contacted for comment.
- 1 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
- 2 'It's been so tough without Jason': Witches ace on Crump loss
- 3 Tourist trails and barbecues to welcome back neighbours to Suffolk towns
- 4 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 5 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 8 Drivers hit in pocket as petrol prices reach eight-year high
- 9 Hotspot tourists targeted by virus ads safety message