Festive scenes shared on Instagram this week by photographers around Suffolk
- Credit: LUCY TAYLOR PHOTOGRAPHY
Christmas is in the air - and people have been busy uploading festive photos. Here are some from around the area which have been shared in the last seven days.
The new-look Ipswich Cornhill has been the subject of some great festive shots. Aimee Ashworth took a photo of the illuminated ghost caribou act which entertained Christmas shoppers at the Cornhill.
The caribou in Ipswich town centre also provided a photo theme for another Instagram user, sumitsurai.
This striking image of the white bauble tree on Ipswich Waterfront was shared by agxntphotography.
The white tree also featured in a photo of the University of Suffolk by BK Sylvie, whose choice of hashtags showed her enthusiasm, including #beautiful and #love.
Of course, Christmas shopping is now under way, and Blackthorpe Barn at Rougham posted this photo of shoppers searching through the crafts at one of their festive events.
In Colchester, Ken Durling, who has the Instagram handle durlick, took a picture of late-night shoppers, showing the festive decorations.
- 1 Suspected drug dealer arrested after £2,000 worth of cannabis found
- 2 Person trapped in car after two vehicle crash near Sudbury
- 3 Thefts 'absolute priority' for Suffolk police after damning national report
- 4 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 5 Belle Vue Park plans deferred following legal issue
- 6 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 7 Mobile library services suspended during heatwave
- 8 Field fire breaks out in acre of land near Sudbury
- 9 Belle Vue Park entrance plans backed by councillors
- 10 Travellers pitch up on playing field near Sudbury
Jane Patterson took a photo of a group of illuminated Christmas trees in Southwold, commenting: “December is beautiful in town, especially nighttime.”
Seesuffolk posted a shot of the Swan Hotel at Southwold with three Christmas trees outside adding to the seasonal atmosphere.
In Bury St Edmunds, Tudor Rose Flower School posted a picture from their first wreath-making workshop of the season, with a group of students showing off their floral creations.