The Non-league podcast: Sticky buns, holes in hedges – and what happened to frozen pitches?
- Credit: Archant
Join MIKE BACON and CARL MARSTON as they take a look at the non-league scene.
Despite a lack of games, there were plenty of stories to come out of the weekend's fixtures.
From sticky buns to holes in the hedge, through to '£10 all in' at Wanderers, there is much to discuss and look back on.
Also... What a week ahead with many of the region's teams in some crucial action, including Leiston, Needham, AFC Sudbury and Bury Town.
Carl looks back at a trip to Thetford for Woodbridge, while Mike took himself off to Halifax Road, Ipswich, where Bourne Vale were playing Cops in the Suffolk Senior League.
You may also want to watch:
Plus... 3G pitches come to the party, form teams in the Thurlow Premier and can Suffolk teams break the Norfolk Thurlow One North dominance.
- 1 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 2 Council spends £5.7m in Basingstoke - while proposing free parking cut
- 3 Man wanted by police has links to Colchester and Suffolk
- 4 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 5 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 6 Potential compromise in row over cuts to free parking in Babergh
- 7 Guns and pesticides seized as police investigate suspected poisoning of buzzard
- 8 Revealed: Full list of Suffolk coronavirus vaccination centres
- 9 Floods as river bursts its banks at beauty spot
- 10 Street dealer caught with cocaine is jailed