Tesco and Co-op recall food items over allergy concerns
- Credit: PA
Tesco and Co-op are among several retailers which have recalled products due to urgent health and safety concerns.
Trading Standards has issued warnings about several items which should be returned to the retailer for a full refund.
Co-op is recalling Co-op Salmon En Croute because it contains undeclared prawns and these were not identified on the label.
This could pose a possible health risk to those with a prawn or crustacean allergy.
Some packs were labelled incorrectly due to a packaging error.
Co-op Salmon En Croute
Pack size: 400 g
Batch code: WO140950 and WO140951
Use-by date: November 11 and 12, 2021
Crunchy Bakery is recalling its Crusty White Loaf due to it containing sesame seeds which were not mentioned on the label.
- 1 'It's a cool club'... Ipswich Witches announce two more riders for 2022
- 2 'Reduce your speed and take care': Drivers warned of icy road conditions
- 3 Man, 56, caught in police sting communicating with '13 year-old girl'
- 4 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 5 Ford Fiesta 'badly scratched' as wing mirror pulled off
- 6 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 7 Thousands sign petition to save Boxted Bridge from demolition
- 8 Big increase in Covid booster jabs given across Suffolk
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
This makes the product a possible health risk to anyone with an allergy to sesame.
Crusty White Loaf
Pack size: 400 g
Best-before date: all best-before dates up to and including November 13, 2021
Tesco has recalled its Tesco Green Thai Style Sauce due to the label not mentioning it contained a milk product.
This could be a health risk for anyone with an allergy or intolerance to milk or milk constituents.
Tesco Green Thai Style Sauce
Pack size: 180 g
Use-by date: 21 November 2021