Cheers! Beer and gin festival to be staged by hockey club
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A hockey club is to stage its first ever beer and gin festival - in what it is dubbing "Hocktoberfest".
Sudbury Hockey Club will host the event at its Quay Lane clubhouse on Saturday, September 25 and Sunday, September 26 in a large marquee, to replicate a Munich beer hall atmosphere.
It will feature local ales and German lagers and gins from around the country, with band The Good, The Bad, The Ugly…and Jim providing entertainment on Saturday.
Hockey club chairman Edd Burton said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming the community to Sudbury Hockey Club, for what promises to be a fantastic event to kick-off the hockey season.
"The club is embarking on a five-year fundraising campaign to support the upgrade of the pitch at Great Cornard Leisure Centre where we play our home games, and we expect Hocktoberfest to become an annual fixture.”
You may also want to watch:
The club was founded in 1905 and currently has four men's teams and three women's teams.
- 1 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 2 AFC Sudbury v Colchester in the FA Cup to be shown live on BBC-2
- 3 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 6 Drugs, cash and weapons seized during police County Lines action week
- 7 'We should be making our streets safer' - debate on street light cuts
- 8 5 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 10 Police seek man who carried out 'lewd act' in Sudbury