Get involved and help spruce up Sudbury
- Credit: SUDBURY TOWN COUNCIL
Volunteers are needed to help spruce up heritage lamp posts in Sudbury.
The community volunteer painting day has been organised by Sudbury Town Council and is taking place on Sunday, September 15.
Sudbury town clerk Jacqui Howells said as part of Suffolk County Council's Community Self-Help Scheme the town council is arranging to paint the heritage lamp posts with the help of the community.
Due to budget limitations the county council can no longer carry out aesthetic improvements such as this so the scheme was launched earlier in the year by Suffolk Highways to support town and parish councils to carry out minor highway maintenance within their communities.
For the day on September 15, which has been sponsored by local business Kent Blaxill, people have been asked to meet at Sudbury Town Hall front entrance at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
All equipment will be provided.
- 1 'It's been so tough without Jason': Witches ace on Crump loss
- 2 Tourist trails and barbecues to welcome back neighbours to Suffolk towns
- 3 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
- 4 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 7 Drivers hit in pocket as petrol prices reach eight-year high
- 8 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 9 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 10 Sunny spells expected but thunderstorms are on the way