Get involved and help spruce up Sudbury
- Credit: SUDBURY TOWN COUNCIL
Volunteers are needed to help spruce up heritage lamp posts in Sudbury.
The community volunteer painting day has been organised by Sudbury Town Council and is taking place on Sunday, September 15.
Sudbury town clerk Jacqui Howells said as part of Suffolk County Council's Community Self-Help Scheme the town council is arranging to paint the heritage lamp posts with the help of the community.
Due to budget limitations the county council can no longer carry out aesthetic improvements such as this so the scheme was launched earlier in the year by Suffolk Highways to support town and parish councils to carry out minor highway maintenance within their communities.
For the day on September 15, which has been sponsored by local business Kent Blaxill, people have been asked to meet at Sudbury Town Hall front entrance at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
All equipment will be provided.
- 1 Council spends £5.7m in Basingstoke - while proposing free parking cut
- 2 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 3 Man wanted by police has links to Colchester and Suffolk
- 4 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 6 Power cut affecting almost 500 homes across Suffolk
- 7 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 8 Church saved from collapse 'tragedy' after major cracks in walls appear
- 9 Revealed: Full list of Suffolk coronavirus vaccination centres
- 10 Potential compromise in row over cuts to free parking in Babergh