Get involved and help spruce up Sudbury
- Credit: SUDBURY TOWN COUNCIL
Volunteers are needed to help spruce up heritage lamp posts in Sudbury.
The community volunteer painting day has been organised by Sudbury Town Council and is taking place on Sunday, September 15.
Sudbury town clerk Jacqui Howells said as part of Suffolk County Council's Community Self-Help Scheme the town council is arranging to paint the heritage lamp posts with the help of the community.
Due to budget limitations the county council can no longer carry out aesthetic improvements such as this so the scheme was launched earlier in the year by Suffolk Highways to support town and parish councils to carry out minor highway maintenance within their communities.
For the day on September 15, which has been sponsored by local business Kent Blaxill, people have been asked to meet at Sudbury Town Hall front entrance at 10am.
You may also want to watch:
All equipment will be provided.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 3 Key blueprint for 17,000 new Suffolk homes to be examined
- 4 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 5 12 places to eat and drink under a tipi in Suffolk and north Essex
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Warning to drinkers ahead of first weekend of pub gardens reopening
- 8 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 9 Cannabis plants worth £100,000 seized from Suffolk house
- 10 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team