When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- Credit: Paul Geater
With the Queen's Jubilee fast approaching Suffolk residents are being warned to not miss when their bins will collected.
The four-day bank holiday weekend may cause some disturbance to when your bins are collected.
Babergh District and Mid Suffolk Council:
Collections that would usually have taken place on Thursday, June 2, will take place on Saturday, June 4 instead.
The collections that would usually have taken place on Friday, June 3, will now happen on Monday, June 6.
All collections during the week beginning Monday, June 6, will take place a day later than usual.
West Suffolk Council:
- 1 Man jailed for trying to cash fake cheque for £3,600
- 2 Deliberate dog poisoning in west Suffolk 'disgusting and wicked'
- 3 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 6 5 fantastic Suffolk pubs that have reopened with new landlords in 2022
- 7 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 8 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 9 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 10 Shopper has purse stolen from trolley in west Suffolk store
Collection days in west Suffolk will be later than usual while celebrations take place.
The dates of the changes can be found below:
- Thursday, June 2- Saturday, June 4
- Friday, June 3 - Monday, June 6
- Monday, June 6 - Tuesday, June 7
- Tuesday, June 7 - Wednesday, June 8
- Wednesday, June 8 - Thursday 9 June
- Thursday, June 9 - Friday, June 10
- Friday, June 10 - Saturday, June 11
Normal collection will resume on Monday, June 13.
East Suffolk Council:
A spokeswoman for East Suffolk council confirmed that there would be no changes to bin collections over the Jubilee weekend and people should present their bins for collection as usual.