It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Football fans from across Suffolk got football fever as they enjoyed England's first game in the delayed Euro 2020 football tournament.
England started their campaign with a 1-0 win over Croatia on Sunday - and fans were extremely happy to be back in their local venues watching the game.
Pubs across the region were expecting to be busy with fans, but also made sure they had all the correct safety measures in place.
Football chants could be heard far and wide as fans celebrated the win.
Ecstatic fans were seen in Isaacs, on Ipswich Waterfront, as Raheem Sterling scored the only goal in the 1-0 win.
Fans were spotted on the Ipswich Waterfront waving their England flags in the air.
The warm weather helped to boost pubs as they welcomed fans inside and out for the football tournament.
- 1 'It's been so tough without Jason': Witches ace on Crump loss
- 2 Tourist trails and barbecues to welcome back neighbours to Suffolk towns
- 3 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
- 4 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 7 Drivers hit in pocket as petrol prices reach eight-year high
- 8 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 9 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 10 Sunny spells expected but thunderstorms are on the way
Landlord of the Railway Tavern in Saxmundham, Paul Summers - who has decorated his pub with flags of all 24 competing nations - said it was great to be able to have fans in the pub.
"It was absolutely brilliant," Mr Summers said.
"We had a comfortable amount in who all enjoyed the atmosphere. We all had a good a laugh together."
The landlord was also full of praise for the fans who visited his pub, as they all stuck to the social distancing measures he had in place.
"Everybody was good when they scored, they did stand up and jump but they sat straight back down, there was no harm done," he said.