Suffolk mayors and dignitaries attend civic service in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
Mayors and dignitaries from all over Suffolk converged on Sudbury for the town’s annual civic service.
They processed to St Gregory’s Church on the Croft, which was packed for Sunday afternoon’s event.
Hosted by town mayor Sue Ayres, the service was conducted by Rev Canon Cheryl Collins.
Mayors from towns including Bury St Edmunds, Hadleigh and Stowmarket were among those who attended.
During the service, children from St Gregory’s Primary School sung a version of Look at the World by John Rutter.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a really lovely occasion,” Mrs Ayres said.
- 1 'It's been so tough without Jason': Witches ace on Crump loss
- 2 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
- 3 Tourist trails and barbecues to welcome back neighbours to Suffolk towns
- 4 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 7 Drivers hit in pocket as petrol prices reach eight-year high
- 8 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 9 Sunny spells expected but thunderstorms are on the way
- 10 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues