Suffolk mayors and dignitaries attend civic service in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
Mayors and dignitaries from all over Suffolk converged on Sudbury for the town’s annual civic service.
They processed to St Gregory’s Church on the Croft, which was packed for Sunday afternoon’s event.
Hosted by town mayor Sue Ayres, the service was conducted by Rev Canon Cheryl Collins.
Mayors from towns including Bury St Edmunds, Hadleigh and Stowmarket were among those who attended.
During the service, children from St Gregory’s Primary School sung a version of Look at the World by John Rutter.
“It was a really lovely occasion,” Mrs Ayres said.
- 1 Ipswich Witches announce two more signings for their 2022 team
- 2 Three Sudbury GP surgeries to merge after go-ahead for new building
- 3 Man repeatedly exposes himself on estate near Sudbury
- 4 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 5 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 6 Seven family friendly things to do this weekend
- 7 How you can get a free pint by simply singing Jingle Bells at the bar
- 8 £20m roads project planned could cut flooding problems
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 'It's a cool club'... Ipswich Witches announce two more riders for 2022