Suffolk mayors and dignitaries attend civic service in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
Mayors and dignitaries from all over Suffolk converged on Sudbury for the town’s annual civic service.
They processed to St Gregory’s Church on the Croft, which was packed for Sunday afternoon’s event.
Hosted by town mayor Sue Ayres, the service was conducted by Rev Canon Cheryl Collins.
Mayors from towns including Bury St Edmunds, Hadleigh and Stowmarket were among those who attended.
During the service, children from St Gregory’s Primary School sung a version of Look at the World by John Rutter.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a really lovely occasion,” Mrs Ayres said.
- 1 Council spends £5.7m in Basingstoke - while proposing free parking cut
- 2 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 3 Man wanted by police has links to Colchester and Suffolk
- 4 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 6 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 7 Potential compromise in row over cuts to free parking in Babergh
- 8 Revealed: Full list of Suffolk coronavirus vaccination centres
- 9 Six new Covid vaccine sites open in Suffolk today as programme takes next step
- 10 Floods as river bursts its banks at beauty spot