Suffolk mayors and dignitaries attend civic service in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
Mayors and dignitaries from all over Suffolk converged on Sudbury for the town’s annual civic service.
They processed to St Gregory’s Church on the Croft, which was packed for Sunday afternoon’s event.
Hosted by town mayor Sue Ayres, the service was conducted by Rev Canon Cheryl Collins.
Mayors from towns including Bury St Edmunds, Hadleigh and Stowmarket were among those who attended.
During the service, children from St Gregory’s Primary School sung a version of Look at the World by John Rutter.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a really lovely occasion,” Mrs Ayres said.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 3 Key blueprint for 17,000 new Suffolk homes to be examined
- 4 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 5 12 places to eat and drink under a tipi in Suffolk and north Essex
- 6 Warning to drinkers ahead of first weekend of pub gardens reopening
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 9 Cannabis plants worth £100,000 seized from Suffolk house
- 10 Prince Philip's life and legacy remembered during poignant funeral