A134 to close for resurfacing works taking drivers on 4-mile diversion
- Credit: Google Maps
Drivers will be forced to take a four-mile diversion through Sudbury as a stretch of the A134 is closed overnight for seven days.
The A134 Northern Road will be closed from the Sudbury Retail Park to the KFC and Halfords roundabout from Monday, March 8 through to Monday, March 15.
The closure will be in place from 8.30pm to 5.30am and is being carried out by Suffolk Highways who will be undertaking carriageway resurfacing.
The diversion route will take motorists around 10 minutes to complete.
The clockwise route will start on Newton Road in Sudbury, heading west towards Percy Ruse Close, taking a left to stay on Newton Road and then taking the third exit at the roundabout onto King Street/A131.
From there drivers will continue to follow the A131, turning right onto Gregory Street/A131 and then at the roundabout taking the third exit onto the A134.
This route will take around 10 minutes and is around 6.5km long, which is the equivalent of four miles.
- 1 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 2 Helen McCrory was 'a meteor in our life' says husband Damian Lewis
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 4 Petition launched to fight planned sale of land at Belle Vue House and former pool
- 5 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 6 Woman, 18, hit in the face and pushed during attempted street robbery
- 7 Change in pupil premium cut-off date 'cost Suffolk schools £1.1m'
- 8 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 9 Cannabis plants worth £100,000 seized from Suffolk house
- 10 Warning to drinkers ahead of first weekend of pub gardens reopening
The anti-clockwise diversion which starts at Homebase will see drivers head north towards Springlands Way/A134, before exiting the roundabout onto Springlands Way/A134.
At the roundabout drivers will be directed to take the first exit onto Melford Road/A131, follow the A131 and take a slight left onto Newton Road before entering the roundabout.
This route takes about eight minutes and is 6km in length.