7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- Credit: Archant
Across Suffolk, there will be lots of road works taking place this week, affecting travel on major routes.
Here are seven sets of works for drivers to plan their journeys around.
Fore Street, Ipswich
Part of Fore Street in Ipswich will be closed from July 5 until July 6 as Cadent carry out emergency repairs.
The closure will be in place between 7.30pm until 6am with a lengthy diversion route that takes drivers around most of the eastern side of Ipswich, including Landseer Road and Woodbridge Road.
A14, Bury St Edmunds
Starting from July 6, there will be a lane closure on the A14 at Bury St Edmunds in both directions from junction 43 to 44.
- 1 Man in 80s dies after crash on A131
- 2 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 3 Thefts 'absolute priority' for Suffolk police after damning national report
- 4 Where will be the hottest place in Suffolk this weekend?
- 5 Rare opportunity to see inside historic Suffolk mill
- 6 Future 50: Brownie business aims to become ‘world’s most-loved food brand’
- 7 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 8 Person trapped in car after two vehicle crash near Sudbury
- 9 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 10 Belle Vue Park plans deferred following legal issue
The closure will be in place overnight from 9pm until 6am each day until July 13 as National Highways conduct barrier repairs.
B1066, Long Melford
The B1066 near Long Melford will remain closed this week until July 8 from 7pm until 5am during the week.
There is a 39 kilometre diversion route in place which should take drivers about 43 minutes to complete.
B1079 Grundisburgh Road, Woodbridge
An emergency road closure will be in place on the B1079 Grundisburgh Road as Suffolk County Council carry out repairs on July 4.
The road will be closed from 9.30am until 3pm and there is a diversion route in place which will add an estimated 26 minutes on to travel time.
A section of the A14 near Felixstowe will be closed overnight between July 5 and July 6 to allow for National Highways to complete some work in the area.
The westbound carriageway between junctions 60 and 59 will be shut from 9pm until 5am.
B1113 Newton Road, Stowmarket
An emergency closure will be put in place on the B1113 Newton Road in Stowmarket on July 4 between 9am and 3pm.
A 55 kilometre diversion route has been put in place, adding an hour on to journeys that must involve this route.
A12, East Bergholt
Part of the A12 near East Bergholt will remain closed overnight until July 8 between junctions 29 and 31.
The closures are in place from 9pm until 5am each night in both directions but will finish on Friday.