Suffolk set for another baking day as temperatures of 24C expected
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
Temperatures are expected to reach as high as 24C today, as the region is set for another fine and sunny day.
After a hot Bank Holiday weekend where temperatures reached 20C and many enjoyed the Whitsun Market in Bury St Edmunds, the warm weather will continue as forecasters predict clear, bright skies for most of the day.
According to the East Anglia-based Weatherquest, there will be an early mist in place - but that will quickly disappear to allow the sun to break through.
Forecaster Phil Garner said: "A little bit of patchy mist and cloud may affect the Suffolk coasts at times.
"For tonight, it will stay dry with long clear periods, with lowest temperatures around 8C.
"There will be a light breeze and top temperatures around 24C for inland areas, but it will stay cooler on the East facing coasts. "
You may also want to watch:
It is expected to be another fine sunny day tomorrow (Tuesday, June 1), with temperatures also expected to reach around the 24C mark.
- 1 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 2 8 of the best places for campervan holidays in Suffolk
- 3 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 4 'You only get one education' - student never misses day of secondary school
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Volkswagen campervan stolen from Milden property
- 7 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 8 New Babergh cab fares proposed to replace those which could 'enable discrimination'
- 9 Delay to Freedom Day on June 21 'only sensible thing to do', says MP
- 10 Parts of Suffolk could be hotter than Morocco as UK set for warmest day