Essex could see snow later today
- Credit: citizenside.com
Sleet and snow could fall in Essex later today - but Suffolk will avoid the white stuff.
The weekend has begun with rain and blustery winds, and many flood warnings and alerts remain in place.
This week has seen a deluge of rainfall, leading to rising river levels and water on the roads.
Adam Dury, a forecaster with Weatherquest, said by this afternoon rain may turn into sleet and snow in Essex, but in Suffolk the forecast is just for rain.
He said: "There are flood alerts and warnings in place. There will not be great amounts of rain, but it will be falling on saturated ground so it won't take much to create surface flooding."
There are currently two flood warnings and 16 flood alerts in place for Suffolk, while Essex has three flood warnings and 17 alerts.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dury said temperatures wouldn't get beyond highs of 3/4C across the region.
And wind speeds will be about 45mph in costal areas.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 3 Key blueprint for 17,000 new Suffolk homes to be examined
- 4 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 5 12 places to eat and drink under a tipi in Suffolk and north Essex
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Warning to drinkers ahead of first weekend of pub gardens reopening
- 8 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 9 Cannabis plants worth £100,000 seized from Suffolk house
- 10 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
The forecaster said there could be some sleet in Suffolk on Monday evening.