Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
- Credit: peter cutts
Forecasters have warned of the danger of lightning strikes across Suffolk and Essex as stormy weather continues to hit the region.
Travel could be disrupted across the area with a chance of hail this afternoon, according to the Met Office.
It has issued a yellow-level weather warning, saying that there could be delays to trains and power cuts, as well as damage to buildings.
It is forecasted to hit Felixstowe, Ipswich and Harwich but miss Braintree, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket and Stowmarket.
Downpours could also bring around 20mm of rain within an hour, and perhaps 30-40 mm in a few hours for a few locations - leading to possible flooding in places.
You may also want to watch:
The showers and thunderstorms will ease by late evening.
- 1 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 2 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 3 Suffolk actress Ruthie Henshall leads care home protest to Downing Street
- 4 Have you seen Percy the missing dog?
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Meet inspiring Posie, one - still smiling despite losing a leg to rare condition
- 7 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 8 7 great events being held in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 The show will go on! Sudbury Stagecoach saved after venue lost
- 10 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses