Sunny spells expected but thunderstorms are on the way
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
People in Suffolk and Essex will be swapping their sun hats for umbrellas as the week goes on - with heavy rain and thunderstorms expected to hit the region.
Warm weather - with high temperatures of 23C (73F) - is predicted for tomorrow before expected heavy rain and thunderstorms at the back end of the week.
Zoe Johnson, from East Anglian-based weather forecasters Weatherquest, said: "It will be a largely dry day on Wednesday, with plenty of sunny spells and some patchy afternoon cloud expected.
"A dry start on Thursday before cloud increases, bringing the risk of showers with these becoming fairly widespread throughout the afternoon with some turning heavy in places.
"It will remain unsettled into Friday with further showers likely, especially in the afternoon and showers may turn heavy and thundery in places."
You may also want to watch:
Forecasters have also said that the showers will also mean temperatures will feel cooler than normal for this time of year.
- 1 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 2 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 3 Suffolk actress Ruthie Henshall leads care home protest to Downing Street
- 4 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 5 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 Have you seen Percy the missing dog?
- 8 Meet inspiring Posie, one - still smiling despite losing a leg to rare condition
- 9 7 great events being held in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 The show will go on! Sudbury Stagecoach saved after venue lost