Cold snap forecast for the weekend
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
A weather warning is in place for snow and ice in the eastern region over the weekend.
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for this part of the country, taking effect from Saturday and ending on Monday.
It will be noticeably colder across the whole country over the weekend, with snow and ice in some places.
By Sunday, strong easterly winds will make it feel like it is well below freezing.
For this yellow weather warning, the Met Office says to expect a small chance of travel delays on roads, with some stranded vehicles and passengers, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel.
You may also want to watch:
There is a small chance of power cuts and a slight possibility that some rural communities could become cut off.
Untreated pavements and cycle paths may also become impassable.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 3 Key blueprint for 17,000 new Suffolk homes to be examined
- 4 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 5 12 places to eat and drink under a tipi in Suffolk and north Essex
- 6 Warning to drinkers ahead of first weekend of pub gardens reopening
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 9 Cannabis plants worth £100,000 seized from Suffolk house
- 10 Prince Philip's life and legacy remembered during poignant funeral
The weather warning ends at midnight on Monday.