Snow flurries hit Suffolk after week of sunny weather
- Credit: Julie Kemp
Parts of Suffolk have seen some snowfall this morning - with the cold weather set to continue.
Weather experts forecasted some snow to fall this morning, but warned it would be unlikely that it would settle given the wet surfaces.
One resident in Stowmarket pictured the snowfall in his garden this morning.
Snow has also fallen in Thorndon in Mid Suffolk today which started to settle.
Speaking previously meteorologist at the East Anglian-based forecasters Weatherquest, Adam Dury said: "We have a band of low pressure coming in on Wednesday night and that might just turn to a sleet and snow mix on Thursday morning.
"There is a chance of some snowfall but it is likely going to be falling onto quite wet surfaces - so chance of accumulation is very low."
It will be a cold and frosty start for most but generally remaining cloudy for most of the day with some outbreaks of rain sinking southwards.
Police are also warning drivers to take care in the wintery conditions.
- 1 Man jailed for trying to cash fake cheque for £3,600
- 2 Deliberate dog poisoning in west Suffolk 'disgusting and wicked'
- 3 All of the Suffolk streets that won the People's Postcode Lottery in June
- 4 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 5 5 fantastic Suffolk pubs that have reopened with new landlords in 2022
- 6 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 7 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 8 Suspected wanted man chased through Suffolk village
- 9 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 10 Shopper has purse stolen from trolley in west Suffolk store
In a tweet Stowmarket police said: "Please take care driving today, make sure your windscreen and other windows are fully clear before driving.
"Might be lucky enough to build a Snowman later."
Have you got any pictures of last night's snow? Share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org