Weather forecast for August bank holiday weekend in Suffolk
- Credit: PA
Warm weather is expected for Suffolk over the bank holiday weekend - but forecasters say there will be no heatwave.
The region will stay mostly dry over the three-day break, with many people planning days out for the weekend.
A spokesman for East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest said: "Saturday and Sunday, there will be highs of around 20C with dry conditions and a bit of sunshine."
However, the spokesman also said there is no chance of a heatwave - with temperatures set to remain cool into next week.
"Temperatures for the following week might at best get to 22C, which is nowhere close to where it needs to be to be classed as a heatwave," he said.
"For us in the east, we are going to be at least 7C to 8C below.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be pretty dry next week with a little bit of drizzle here and there, but no real quantity of rainfall.
"Chances are, with this dry weather, we are likely to be quite a way below the average for rainfall in August."
- 1 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 2 AFC Sudbury v Colchester in the FA Cup to be shown live on BBC-2
- 3 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 6 Drugs, cash and weapons seized during police County Lines action week
- 7 'We should be making our streets safer' - debate on street light cuts
- 8 5 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 10 Police seek man who carried out 'lewd act' in Sudbury