Sunny weekend and highs of 24C predicted in Suffolk
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Suffolk and Essex are set to bask in the sunshine over the weekend - but forecasters have said it is too early to tell if there will be a late August heatwave.
Temperatures could hit highs of 24C on both Saturday and Sunday in the region, with a likely chance of rain throughout Monday.
Conditions will then get warmer towards the end of the week, as forecasters predict highs of 22C next Friday.
Fred Best, meteorologist at East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest, said a heatwave towards the end of the month was possible but dependent on a number of factors.
He said: "The next couple of days will be warm until Sunday. It's set to cool off into next week.
"There are some hints that temperatures towards the end of the week could rise a little bit more.
You may also want to watch:
"A heatwave is one of a few potential scenarios, but there's a lot of uncertainty. It's a bit too far out to tell."
- 1 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 2 AFC Sudbury v Colchester in the FA Cup to be shown live on BBC-2
- 3 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 6 Drugs, cash and weapons seized during police County Lines action week
- 7 'We should be making our streets safer' - debate on street light cuts
- 8 5 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 10 Police seek man who carried out 'lewd act' in Sudbury