'Scattering of showers' expected across Suffolk this weekend
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Weather forecasters predict a wet and windy weekend in Suffolk and Essex - but the rain is set to make way for sunshine next week.
Saturday is set for a dry and cloudy start, with the rain expected to start to fall from around noon.
There will be similar conditions on Sunday, but Monday will bring a small chance of thunderstorms in the evening.
The poor conditions are set to end by Tuesday, as temperatures reach highs of 24C in the middle of next week.
Chris Bell, of East Anglian-based forecaster Weatherquest, said: "Tomorrow through much of the morning it will be mostly dry. We will see a scattering of showers from lunchtime.
You may also want to watch:
"Sunday will be a similar story - in the afternoon there is another risk of rain.
"It'll be a bit drier next week. I suspected that by Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday there will be drier conditions."
- 1 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 2 AFC Sudbury v Colchester in the FA Cup to be shown live on BBC-2
- 3 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 6 Drugs, cash and weapons seized during police County Lines action week
- 7 5 things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 8 'We should be making our streets safer' - debate on street light cuts
- 9 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 10 Police seek man who carried out 'lewd act' in Sudbury