Snow falls across Suffolk for second day
- Credit: Archant
Parts of Suffolk are continuing to see snowfall this morning - with the cold snap set to continue.
Weather experts warned that snow cold fall over parts of Suffolk following a band of low pressure sweeping across the county.
Snow has fallen in parts of west Suffolk including Sudbury and parts of Ipswich this morning.
It comes after snow flurries fell over most of Suffolk yesterday.
Although snow was predicted weather experts said the chance of it settling was unlikely given the wet surfaces.
A yellow weather warning has been put in place for snow and ice for most of east Suffolk today.
According to the East Anglian-based weather forecasters Weatherquest the wintry shower will continue to feed south-westwards throughout the day, interspersed with sunny spells.
There will also be strong winds of up to 40mph along the east coast.
Suffolk police are also warning drivers to take extra care in the wintery conditions.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after car crashed into two stationary vehicles
- 2 'Significant' amount of Class A drugs and taser found at home in Suffolk
- 3 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers need to know about this week
- 4 Man jailed for trying to cash fake cheque for £3,600
- 5 Husband and wife among those set to serve communities across Suffolk
- 6 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 'Old Hippie on a Bike' embarks on 4,000km ride to fundraise for Ukraine
- 9 See inside 'superb' Victorian home in Suffolk village with £1.45m price tag
- 10 Ambulance service trials electric vehicles for first time
A spokesman for the police force said: "Drive accordingly to the road conditions, take extra time and prepare for your journey, so leave with plenty of time and distance with the vehicle in front."