Weekend weather: Heavy rain on Saturday but Sunday will be a brighter day
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Heavy rain and strong winds are expected to hit parts of Suffolk and north Essex tomorrow but don't despair - forecasters predict Sunday's weather will be much improved.
The rain will spread northwards across all parts of the region during Saturday and will be accompanied by strong winds, the Met Office has said.
Temperatures on Saturday will be around 14C (57F).
However, the picture on Sunday is expected to be very different, with sunny spells and warmer temperatures of around 17C (62F).
Further showers are predicted as we head into the early part of next week.
It will be a chilly start this morning before another day of sunshine and showers. The majority of the showers are likely to be towards the east of Suffolk.
Maximum temperatures today will be 14C (57F).
- 1 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 2 8 of the best places for campervan holidays in Suffolk
- 3 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 4 'You only get one education' - student never misses day of secondary school
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Volkswagen campervan stolen from Milden property
- 7 New Babergh cab fares proposed to replace those which could 'enable discrimination'
- 8 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 9 Parts of Suffolk could be hotter than Morocco as UK set for warmest day
- 10 Horse rescued by fire crews after becoming stuck in ditch