Suffolk weather forecast: Thunderstorms and heavy rain expected
- Credit: citizenside.com
Thunderstorms could hit Suffolk and north Essex later today, with the Met Office issuing a weather warning.
The yellow-level alert is in place between noon and 9pm today as heavy, slow-moving downpours develop.
Some places will miss these but other places could see a deluge of 10-22mm in a short space of time, with 20-40mm falling over two to three hours in a few places.
There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.
There is also a chance that some communities could become cut off by flooded roads.
You may also want to watch:
Power cuts are also likely to occur during the thunderstorms as well.
The showers are expected to subside during the evening.
- 1 Man in 70s taken to hospital after Sudbury collision
- 2 Police seek man who carried out 'lewd act' in Sudbury
- 3 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 Haul of 20,000 suspected counterfeit DVDs seized in raid at Suffolk home
- 6 WATCH: Two unarmed police officers tackle man with shotgun
- 7 JCB digger stolen from south Suffolk building site
- 8 See the faces of the criminals who were jailed in Suffolk in the last week
- 9 Future still unclear for sports centre despite reopening plans
- 10 Sudbury road cleared after crash involving ambulance and other vehicles