Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for thunderstorms with a possibility of flooding in Suffolk this week.
The Met Office has issued the weather warning for Suffolk, with storms expected to hit the area late on Wednesday (June 16) and run through until Friday, June 18.
The weather forecasters said that "not all locations" will be affected but that some intense thunderstorms may occur - with the potential for travel disruption.
The weather warning added: "There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater.
"Torrential rain, hail, frequent lightning and strong gusty winds are possible.
You may also want to watch:
"Rainfall totals of around 30mm could fall in an hour, with some locations potentially receiving around 50mm in two to three hours, although these will be fairly isolated."
- 1 'It's been so tough without Jason': Witches ace on Crump loss
- 2 Tourist trails and barbecues to welcome back neighbours to Suffolk towns
- 3 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
- 4 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
- 5 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 6 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 7 Drivers hit in pocket as petrol prices reach eight-year high
- 8 Sunny spells expected but thunderstorms are on the way
- 9 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 10 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues