Framlingham’s Ed Sheeran has set tongues wagging after arriving at the BRIT Awards wearing what looks like a wedding ring.
- Credit: PA
Suffolk popstar Ed Sheeran arrives at BRIT Awards ceremony - wearing a wedding ring?
The Suffolk troubadourwho attended Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham, has fanned the flames of speculation that he has already wed his finacee Cherry Seaborn.
Rumours that the pair had married in secret started on Monday after he was pictured at a gig with a gold band on his wedding finger.
Arriving at the O2 Arena for tonight’s ceremony, the popstar was seen sporting a navy suit and a white rose, an act of solidarity withe the Me Too movement, and of course, that telling piece of jewellery.
Already a multi-BRIT Award winning artist, Ed is nominated for a further four gongs this evening.
His record-breaking third album Divide has been nominated for the Mastercard British Album of the Year prize where he is up against Dua Lipa, J Hus, Rag’n’Bone Man and Stormzy.
The record Divide album has recently completed its 50th week in the top 10 of the UK album charts.
- 1 Search for missing man who planned 70-mile walk home still ongoing
- 2 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Travellers pitch up on playing field near Sudbury
- 5 Field fire breaks out in acre of land near Sudbury
- 6 Another heatwave on its way as temperatures set to soar in Suffolk
- 7 50 fewer Covid patients in hospitals in a week as cases continue to fall
- 8 Earn a share of £16,000 giveaway for the charity that matters to you!
- 9 Plans for development of former Chambers bus depot set for approval
- 10 Two Suffolk men charged after knifepoint petrol station robberies
The guitarist, who recently got engaged to girlfriend Cherry Seaborn, is also up for British Single for Shape of You, British Male Solo Artist and British Artist Video of the Year for Shape of You.
Emergent popstar Dua Lipa leads the pack with five nominations.
Hosted by Jack Whitehall, a variety of artists will perform during the ceremony at London’s O2 Arena including Justin Timberlake, Stormzy and Rita Ora, while Ed has announced he will perform his track Supermarket Flowers.
The BRIT Awards will be aired on ITV at 8pm tonight.