Former AFC Sudbury star joins non-league giants until the end of the season
- Credit: PA
Former AFC Sudbury defender, Tyler French, has joined non-league giants Wrexham until the end of the season.
French, 21, was released from his contract at League Two Bradford City this week, but has been quickly snapped up by the Welsh club, who are currently ninth in the National League, as they look to get back into the Football League, which they graced for many years.
French was captain at AFC Sudbury, where he made just under 100 appearances and he moved into the Football League with Bradford in 2019, where he made 25 appearances and scored one goal.
After being released from his contract on Sunday, French has penned a short-term deal with the Dragons until the end of the season.
On signing on at the Racecourse, French told the Wrexham website: “The stature of the club, the size of the club, is a massive thing for me and the project going forward was really attractive.
“I’ve learned a lot in my time at Bradford and I think I can use that to help me at Wrexham.
“Wrexham are a club like Bradford – a big club who shouldn’t be where they are. It’s exciting for me now to help take this club back where it belongs.”
- 1 Fish and wildlife set to flourish following River Stour revamp
- 2 New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- 3 School unveils 'wonderful' new multi-million pound sixth form centre
- 4 Suffolk's Red Rooster music festival WILL go ahead over August Bank Holiday
- 5 Estate agents hail idea of extension to stamp duty cut as 'shot in the arm'
- 6 Plans for pizza chain to relocate into former clothes store welcomed
- 7 Plan for 28 homes in village gets go-ahead
- 8 Suffolk events going ahead this summer which you can enjoy
- 9 Murder investigation into death of woman at Ipswich flat dropped
- 10 Final decision made on Babergh council tax for 2021/22