Sensational return to the track for former Ipswich Witch - at 60!
- Credit: Contributed
Former Ipswich Witch, Nigel Flatman made a sensational return to the speedway track Down Under, this weekend. And with great success.
Flatman, who is now 60, took part in a meeting at Pinjar Park, Western Australia and rolled back the years with 11 points from his four rides in the qualifying heats.
In a thrilling final, Bryan Miller came from the back to win with Nigel second.
Flatman, known as the 'Felixstowe Flyer', was a popular racer at Foxhall, first racing for Ipswich in 1977. He had a long spell with the club through 1981-85.
He was part of the Witches double-winning side of 1984.
He also rode for a period with Peterborough Panthers, among other clubs.
- 1 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 2 Helen McCrory was 'a meteor in our life' says husband Damian Lewis
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: Why these criminals were put behind bars this week
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 Petition launched to fight planned sale of land at Belle Vue House and former pool
- 6 Woman, 18, hit in the face and pushed during attempted street robbery
- 7 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 8 Cannabis plants worth £100,000 seized from Suffolk house
- 9 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 10 Warning to drinkers ahead of first weekend of pub gardens reopening