Suffolk Libraries to host fun events for International Games Week
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Suffolk Libraries will be working with local organisations to celebrate International Games Week, which commences November 7.
This is Suffolk Libraries' first year partnering up with local organisations to bring game related events and activities to several libraries across the county.
Events will include Dungeons and Dragons, videogames, Pokémon meet-ups and retro board games.
There will also be a chance for participants to win an Xbox Series X by collecting stamps in a special passport at every event. Attendees can also be entered into a prize draw for each event they book on to.
Hannah Foulstone-Dalsgaard, Marketing Coordinator at Suffolk Libraries and coordinator of the week's events, said: “Gaming is a massive part of many people’s lives across our communities.
"Whether it's playing D&D at the weekends or playing video games to wind down, it has become integral to the wellbeing of so many people, both young and old.”
A schedule of the events can be found here.
- 1 'It's a cool club'... Ipswich Witches announce two more riders for 2022
- 2 Man, 56, caught in police sting communicating with '13 year-old girl'
- 3 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 4 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 5 'Reduce your speed and take care': Drivers warned of icy road conditions
- 6 Ford Fiesta 'badly scratched' as wing mirror pulled off
- 7 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 8 Thousands sign petition to save Boxted Bridge from demolition
- 9 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport
- 10 Big increase in Covid booster jabs given across Suffolk