When is World Gin Day 2021?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
World Gin Day is fast approaching so whether you enjoy a classic drink with ice and a slice or one of the growing variety of flavoured gin varieties here's everything you need to know.
What is World Gin Day?
The event looks to celebrate all things gin and help bars and brands to engage with gin lovers.
World Gin Day began back in 2009 and takes place every second Saturday in June.
When is this year's event?
You may also want to watch:
This year's event will be held on June 12.
What is done to mark World Gin Day?
- 1 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 2 AFC Sudbury v Colchester in the FA Cup to be shown live on BBC-2
- 3 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 4 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 5 'We should be making our streets safer' - debate on street light cuts
- 6 Drugs, cash and weapons seized during police County Lines action week
- 7 'Come forward urgently' - message for those eligible for Covid booster
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 See Hunter's Moon and Orionid meteors in Suffolk skies tonight
- 10 Man in 70s taken to hospital after Sudbury collision
Celebrations are being held around the world to mark the event including the UK's largest virtual G & T where special craft gins will be showcased.
Does Suffolk have its own gin brands?
Suffolk is home to a number of popular gin brands from Southwold based Adnams Copper House to Fishers Gin which is made in Aldeburgh and the range offered by the House of Suffolk Distillery at Bacton and more.
Check out our comprehensive guide of East Anglian gins for more local gin makers.