Big names are heading to pop-up all-weather theatre
- Credit: Ian West/PA Wire
Comedian Ed Byrne, R&B star Alexander O'Neal, and singer Toyah will all be performing at the OEP Live Lavenham air theatre in August.
The theatre has popped up in Bridge Street Road in the historic Suffolk village following the success of drive-in events last summer.
OEP Live promoter John Hessenthaler said: "It is a pop-up covered air theatre, it is a safe environment and all events and concerts are under cover."
"It's a new experience in the heart of Suffolk," added Mr Hessenthaler.
Announcing the arrival of the theatre on their Facebook page, OEP Live said: "This is part of the Wake Up Lavenham plan to show off the features of Lavenham, if you have not been do visit, come to a concert and stay in your campervan or local hotel, you will just love this place!"
What's on in August
You may also want to watch:
The pop-up theatre will be in Lavenham between Tuesday, August 10 and Saturday, August 21 - as well as big name stars there will be top quality tribute acts and a special Fawlty Towers summer picnic experience.
On August 17, Toyah will perform her hits and have a chat to the audience about her impressive career in the entertainment industry.
- 1 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 2 Care homes 'may have to close' over staffing crisis, Suffolk boss warns
- 3 Suffolk actress Ruthie Henshall leads care home protest to Downing Street
- 4 Lack of drivers having .massive impact' on Suffolk businesses
- 5 Campaigners unimpressed by government response to dentist deficit concerns
- 6 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 7 Have you seen Percy the missing dog?
- 8 Meet inspiring Posie, one - still smiling despite losing a leg to rare condition
- 9 7 great events being held in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 The show will go on! Sudbury Stagecoach saved after venue lost
Later in the month on August 21, American star Alexander O'Neal will be visiting the Suffolk village with his band and will treat concertgoers to some of his classic R&B hits.
If it is comedy you are after stand up Ed Byrne, known for appearing on BBC panel shows Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You, will also be putting in an appearance on August 19, alongside Laura Lexx and Glenn Wool.
OEP Live offer something for everyone and this Sunday, August 15 families will be able to watch a highly acclaimed performance of Horrible Histories performed by the Birmingham Stage Company.
There is air flow throughout the pop-up theatre and audiences are encouraged to bring along a picnic and soak up the atmosphere.